We don't stop hiking because we grow old, we grow old because we stop hiking. -- Finis Mitchell

Design for BSA 100th Anniversary coin


The U.S. Mint has announced a special one dollar coin to honor the Boy Scouts of America and their 100 year anniversary.

For those of you who don't know, I'm an Eagle Scout (March 15, 2000. Troop 577 Buckley, WA) And I think this is the coolest thing. I know that I am going to have to get one because:

A) I collect coins

B) The design is really neat

C) I like shiny things

Only 350,000 of the coins will be made and they won't be put into circulation. Instead when they are released (I heard in March 2010) you will have to purchase them from the U.S. Mint Web site.

These will each have the designs that I posted above.

Also, to make these coins even cooler, all of the surcharges collected from the sale of these coins will be donated to the Boy Scouts of America. Thats $3.5 million dollars going to support Scouting!

Also, there will be a 100 anniversary stamp that will be released in July 2010. So keep your eyes out for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment